"Don't be all shadow and no substance"

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Stephen Hawkings.

So last night I went to the Mish Mash with a big group of my friends. It was so much fun. You pay 5e in and get to see a bunch of comedians, and get free biscuits too. I went in after work, hopping on the LUAS and met Moon Pies at Stephens Green. He's starting to do some vlogs, more or less to do with being out and about in Ireland. I think he has something here so I'm more than supportive for this to take off properly. It's only in the starting process but I think he could be onto a winner here. I said I'd be in one, being the nice friend that I am (regardless of the fact that I talk like a boy) to show people what this comedy show is like, as he'd never been to one either, so he couldn't exactly talk about it. So we were walking down Grafton street filming and chatting and it was going grand until I saw Cunt Features walking up the road with 2 other people on the other side of the street. It was the first time I've seen him in well over 6 months. I freaked the fuck out inside my head but didn't say a tap to Moon Pies. He called out our names but Moon Pies didn't hear him (thank fuck), and once we were a safe distance away I told him. I was literally shaking. I felt physically ill. Wasn't expecting to react that way at all. I'm such a spa. Rubber Ducky was heading to meet us in the pub with some of the other gang and I texted her and she nearly fucking ran to us. She's had similar problems with people from her past so she knew exactly what I was feeling. The second I saw her she just grabbed my hand and gave it a squeeze and I felt miles better. That woman just has a calming effect on me it's great. I know I seem like I reacted like a little girl, but that cunt really fucked my life around and had/has no remorse for it at all, and that was what I couldn't get over. I just can't understand how someone will quite happily nearly ruin someones life and their own, and literally not give two fucks. Like he has lost everyone who loved him, friend or otherwise. His ex-best friend now wants to beat the shit into him, and I'm not far off either if I'm honest. I'm not a naturally violently inclined person, but I can make exceptions. But fuck that shit I'm done being a whiney bitch so I'm getting back to my story.

We had a pint in the pub before the doors opened for upstairs to go to the Mish Mash, and our entire group took up nearly half the pub, this pub is fricken TINY. It is a bar and some seats around it and that is it. You move and you hit off someone on the other side of the bar, it's unreal. It was hitting 8.45pm, and people were starting to circle the door that leads to upstairs like vultures, so we all grabbed our stuff, stood up and joined the immediate queue. 9.00pm hit and the doors opened and we all piled up the stairs to try and get up quick enough to get good seats together. We paid our 5e in (undercharged in all honesty but I'm clearly not going to complain here), and nabbed seats. This venue is even smaller than the pub part downstairs. I'd say there were about 60/70 of us in a room that was 30x15foot. And the air con doesn't work all that fantastically (if at all). It started up and we watched the first 5 acts perform. They were doing a semi-final for a competition to perform at a comedy festival later in the year. It was hilarious, my stomach hurt from laughing so hard. Then I saw one of my best friends, Odd Shoes, come in and he sat beside us. The night got even better from then on. I missed that guy so much, it had been a few weeks since I saw him so I really really really missed him. He is literally 1 in 6 billion to me.


I just had a fight with a moth in my bed. I won. Fucker got squished to death. YEAH HOW YOU LIKE ME NOW BITCH TRYING TO GET ALL UP IN MY GRILL. Just thought I'd inform you of that. Moving swiftly on...


The second half came back on, with our bladders emptied and our bellies full of biscuits and sore from laughter. The next 5 acts were good craic too, but the only thing I'd say bad against the whole thing is the room it was held in was way too hot and small. Other than that it was top marks. Blades can't heckle for shit I found out tonight, so I'm going to have to inform him of this when I see him next, as I'm pretty sure he's not going to remember a bunch of the night.

It all finished at around 12.00 and we spilled outside, chatting away and deciding what to do next. Some people were heading to Diceys and whatnot, but seeing as how I hadn't exactly slept too fantastic the last few nights and am painfully broke, I called it quits with Odd Shoes and Kebabes and we got a taxi home together, and just hit the sack. Perfect night out (besides that minor glitch) with my friends, a lot of laughs and some biscuits and drinks thrown into the mix too for extra measure. Loved it.

Found out yesterday Bon Iver will be playing in the Grand Canal Theatre in October. Tickets go on sale on Friday at 9am, and they're only 35e. Definitely going to be worth not being able to smoke or eat for the rest of the month. Rubber Ducky, Bambam and myself will be in attendance and shall be singing along to all his songs. The man's songs make me want to cry, laugh, love, sing and dance all at the one time. Not many singers can do that to me but this guy has IT (whatever IT may be).

Until next time my beloved bunnies,
Living In Wonderland xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a message and tell me what you think... All comments are welcome (although I hope they are mainly positive!)and thank you for leaving your thoughts with me, I appreciate the time you took to write something :)