"Don't be all shadow and no substance"

Tuesday, December 1, 2009

WHAT WAS I THINKING??

I am a stupid stupid girl. I have no idea what is wrong with me. For some reason late last night after I got home from the gym, I figured I would have a bit of a pampering session, as I have been stressed lately. I put on the New Moon OST (I recommend you buy it - Bon Iver, Thom Yorke, Grizzly Bear, what's not to like?), threw on the heating so I could have a piping hot shower (the only way to do it in my opinion), and set about having good ole ME time. I veeted, showered, scrubbed, cleaned, buffed, filed nails, moisturized, painted my nails, let my hair dry out naturally (which now in effect looks somewhat like I stuck a wet finger in a plug socket).
I felt better about myself, but I was still slightly restless. This wasn't what I was used to doing, like there was something else that needed to be done. I scrambled through my drawer and fished out my fake tan. I decided "oh what the heck" and started to out it on. Now I wish I never did it. Stupid, stupid me. You see, I haven't touched a bottle of fake tan in over 3 months because I looked like one of THOSE girls after a few experiences (you all know what I'm on about, I shudder to even think it so I'm not going to mention it). But anyways I decided to forgoe the fake tan to see how I felt. I felt a heck of a lot better. I didn't have those night-before-the-night-out panics any more about whether or not I had used enough fake tan on my legs or if it was patchy anywhere. My skin cleared up and I felt confident going out with bare legs without tan on. THEN I found out that pale skin was coming back into fashion along with the whole grunge look. Delighted didn't describe my feelings. I wouldn't be on my own in this pasty business. But now back to my horror story from last night.
I woke up this morning smelling of a giant digestive biscuit, then when I looked in the mirror I recoiled at the tantastic vision that was me. I had completely forgotten what it was like to wear fake tan - disgusting. WHY OH WHY DID I CAVE??? I have subsequently binned all my bottles of fake tan, utterly vexed at my own weak-mindedness, and have now vouched to lay off the fakers. And I mean it this time. Now I have to wait until this baked bean colouring wears off my skin. Thank God I don't have anything planned for this week.





Pale is pretty people!

Living in Wonderland xo

1 comment:

Leave a message and tell me what you think... All comments are welcome (although I hope they are mainly positive!)and thank you for leaving your thoughts with me, I appreciate the time you took to write something :)