"Don't be all shadow and no substance"

Monday, May 7, 2012

1 year on...

Hello!
 
So it's pretty much been a year since I was on this posting, mainly because life got in the way and I broke my laptop and there is not a chance in hell I have the money to buy a new one. It's funny reading over old blogs I created here. Just where I was back then and how I was feeling. A lot has changed since then. I'm back in college doing beauty therapy which I have always wanted to do and I am in the throws of exams. I've never been more happier in my entire life. I have amazing friends and family and I am just happy in pretty much every aspect of my life. One more week of exams and then I am done duh done done. 

There are a few people that I have gained and lost along the way from the past year. I managed to find solace in 22 girls from my class in college. To say I have found my kindred spirits is a bit of an understatement. These girls are mental. I'm talking drinking bottles of vodka and seeing how quick they can moritify themselves and destroy their shoes and lives on a night out kind of way. I love them more than they'll ever know. But of course life will not be that kind to me. You gain some, you lose some. I lost a friend in the past year. Not through any illness or death, but because he met someone and then abandoned his friends, mainly me. I never thought he'd be the kind of person to do that to someone, considering we were joined at the hips, but you never really know someone until you know them (did that make any sense?). I haven't heard from him or seen him since before Christmas, and after several attempts of me trying to get in contact with him and with no reply, I stopped trying. It's silly really. I just wanted to be happy for him and to meet this girl tha he seems so happy and in love with, but I guess people move on and do their own things after a while. I will never regret the closeness we shared or the time we spent together, because I'm not one to regret a person in my life, but what I will never get over is how he could just drop his friends so quickly. But life moves on, and so must we.

I'll be 23 this summer (CHRIST). At their age, my parents were getting married. I know there is a bit of a difference between the 70's and now, but still. Speaking of weddings, my cousin is getting married in June, my brother is getting married in August (GOING TO BE THE BEST DAY EVER), and then one of my oldest friends is getting married in October. I don't have an outfit for any of them. Panic stations at the ready.

I read an old post and saw that I would never get an iPhone... Well I pretty much went against my word there and now I have one and it is a permanent fixture to my hand. I will never get over just how cute and amazing it is. I am married to it. It's probably the best relationship I've ever had. Does everything I want it to without hesitation and complaint. Just need to find that in my next real relationship and then I'll be delighted with life.

I don't know what I want to achieve with this blog. I go from avid blogging to nothing. It's my secret baby that no one knows about, and I love that because then I can rant and rave and be stupid and bent and happy and they will never know.

I'm off to watch Game Of Thrones. If you don't watch it you have problems. Best programme out there.

Living In Wonderland xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a message and tell me what you think... All comments are welcome (although I hope they are mainly positive!)and thank you for leaving your thoughts with me, I appreciate the time you took to write something :)